SPELL OUT THE CONTRACT
Spell Out the Contract
Don’t make the mistake of paying or assuming that a Website Designer/Developer will do as you think, or that you’re on the same page. This is equally important for the Designer/Developer too as they may find themselves doing more than what they agreed to do on the website too.
Mistaken assumptions can affect the relationship between you both. Not good.
A contract should spell out;
- Who are the Parties
- What is the cost
- When should costs be paid
- What is the final date
- Are there any late/delayed penalties?
- Ownership of the content
- Due diligence regarding copyright of the site’s images and content
- Maintenance and Hosting Costs
- Service provided as part of Hosting
Protection for both parties is key.
See an example of our Standard Contract, Terms and Conditions.