DON'T BE AFRAID OF QUESTIONS
Don't be Afraid of Questions
One of the common request that you’ll receive when working or setting out the possibility if you can work with a Designer/Developer is a list of questions.
PDF Questionnaires flying your way is the norm, and rather than be put off, do put in the time to provide as much background and projection for what you want the site to be. Not only that, as much about you and the business will help too.
If you’re unsure of your content, the Designer/Developer may pull out facts that you’ve provided in the answers to pad out the gaps.
At BATS, we don’t always send out questionnaires as we prefer a more personalised approach though we will ask similar questions as we chat/email. In the end, it’s all to make the site better and more real.
Example questions could be:
- What does your company do?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)?
- Do you want to improve an existing website, or create a website from scratch?
- Do you want your site SEO optimised? Do you have a list of keywords you would like to target?
- What is the URL of your existing site (if any)? What do you like/dislike about your existing site?
- What is the URL of 2-3 reference websites that you like? What do you like about these websites?
- What pages do you need on your website
- What features do you need on your website?
- What is the underlying goal of your website?
- Do you have the content ready for your site?
- Does your company have a brand book covering things like colours and fonts
- When would you like to launch your new site?
- Do you need help updating and maintaining your website?
- Do you need help with blogging and content management?